Tuesday 12 June 2007

Mogwai



Mogwai were the first band to come along in a long time that gave me butterflies in the tummy again. I haven't listened to them for a while, but just found this and i've got butterflies back again. I remember playing this really really loud when I worked in the record shop with Duncan. Mogwai were responsible for much of my bad behaviour in my mid twenties, they were responsible for my sister hooking up with her best ever boyfriend, they were responsible for me and Yuko going to Glasgow for no other reason than to visit the 13th note club. I got in so many places for free in those days, I felt like indie pop royalty, but really I was just a fat girl who talked about making zines and worked for a record company. I never thought I was a groupie, I always thought it was all about the music (and the beer), but maybe I was actually really annoying back then.

Ok so there's got to be some new music around that will make me feel like this again. I can't be totally stuck in the past can I?